9.02.2011

Slow Dancin'


I don't know about you guys, but to me this week has FLOWN by! I can't believe it's the weekend already! This week has been busy, between the vacation last weekend and the crazy week at work; I'm ready for the long weekend. I'm also excited because tomorrow, I get my iPad for work. I probably won't be able to pimp it out as much as I'd like since it's for work, but it will be fun to play with it. They said we can at least buy games, so perhaps a little Diner Dash is in order. : )

This week's wedding is so lovely, guys. I love the intimate feel and the sweet handmade details. Amy and Stephen's wedding is so easily replicated, too, which is part of why I love it. It's not light on details, but the details can be easily achieved by other brides. And, Amy totally rocked a short dress, emphasis on rocked. Plus, are these two not the cutest? Check it out!

Le sigh. I'm in love all over again. That's the thing about weddings, isn't it? Seeing that much love makes me squeeze A.P. a little bit harder.

So, this Labor Day has made me simultaneously sad and happy for oh so many reasons. First of all, I am not going to the Telluride Film Festival this year. This will be the first year in five years I haven't gone! It also would have been the 7th festival I've attended. You just know all the most awesome movies will be there and someone ridiculously hot, like Johnny Depp, or something. I'm scared to even look tomorrow and see what's on the schedule! BUT, it will also be the first Labor Day weekend I've spent with A.P. EVER. How crazy is that? That's obviously the part that makes me happy. We're planning on going canoeing (I actually made the reservation this time, so no backing out!) and having dinner with my mother, who is going to winter in Florida this year (that makes us sound so rich and snobby, we're not. At all.). We are at least keeping my Chinese takeout on Monday tradition (it's what I always eat when I get back from Colorado). Some people cook out on Labor Day, I eat Chinese takeout! What are you up to this weekend? Got any big Labor Day plans?

In the mean time, here are your dance moves for the week:

Hurricane Irene's damage

How romantic (and sad) is this?

Loving the super amazing work of this talented chalkboard artist!

Wedding stripes.

Words to live by


Disco stairs

Have you seen Banana Republic's Mad Men collection? (Secretly, I love the men's stuff more.)

I'm thinking this should be A.P.'s fall look, what do you think? (And don't worry, unlike most men, A.P. prefers when I do his shopping for him.)

Remember Simply Bridal? They've been doing an awesome promotion for the past month, and it ends soon (Sep. 8)! Want a free wedding dress? Find out how to get one here.

(Friday dance photo by The Half-breed Swede!; Amy & Stephen's vintage wedding photographed by Love Me Do Photography via Ruffled)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...