9.30.2011

Dancing Machine

I am so happy this week flew by. It means I can relax and sleep and recharge. I've been having trouble falling asleep lately. Want to know why? Because last weekend, I was dozing off and I dreamt I woke up and saw someone hovering over me on my side of the bed. I screamed, "There's someone in the room!!" Then I sort of jumped over to A.P.'s side of the bed while simultaneously swinging my arms trying to defend myself. A.P. woke up and calmed me down, but my heart was racing and I was so freaked out. Ever since, I've had a hard time falling asleep.

I know what this whole thing stemmed from, too. After we returned from Leland, we were hanging out in our apartment, resting with a couple of friends who had gone with after having lugged everything upstairs. We were laughing and talking and our neighbor knocked on the door. Before we could answer, she just walked in the apartment. It scared the crap out of me and made me so angry. Plus, I felt so, so violated. Who in the hell does that?? Ever since, I've been making sure our door was locked and I've become paranoid about our neighbors coming into our apartment. We have nice enough neighbors, but they're all a little crazy.

Needless to say, I am excited about catching up on sleep this weekend and relaxing to the max. Which is perhaps why I'm loving this week's wedding. It's beautifully shot by Andrew J R Squires Photography, is super sweet, and so low key. James and Charlie bucked tradition and got married in a small, warm registry wedding. It oozes love and charm, but not a lot of fuss, which is exactly how I'm feeling these days: unfussy.

Is that not the sweetest thing? And I love that there are details...just not an obscene amount.

Besides relaxing and maxing, we are going to celebrate our little dog Radar's b-day. He would have been 11 this Saturday and I decided that instead of being sad he's not here to nuzzle and cuddle and wish happy birthday, we would go out and celebrate the fact that we got to live our lives, even a small part of our lives, with this awesome dog. Plus, it gets us out of the house, which is key these days since everywhere we look, we expect him to be there. How will you be passing your days off? Whatever it is, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

In the mean time, here are your dance moves for the week:

10 silly home objects I'd still like to have

Got a glove that lost its mate? Turn it into a cute little chipmunk.

The traditional 1st wedding anniversary gift is paper. Why not give your partner 52 things you love about them?

One of my favorite things to photograph is stenciled street art. I can't tell you how much I wish I had some of these in my own personal library.

Autumn always makes me want to make delicious things in my slow cooker, like this yummy French Onion Soup.

I think I would have a hard time eating at Tsujita in Los Angeles because I'd endlessly be staring at the amazing ceiling.

I wish I could pull off hats like this a bit more.

Maple pumpkin custard
? Yum!

Love this shelving unit idea!

(Friday dance photo via here; James and Charlie's Registry Wedding photographed by Andrew J R Squires Photography via Rock'n'Roll Bride)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...