9.20.2011

Radar


Hi guys,

I will be taking a blogging break, at least through the end of the week. Today, I came home to find our dog passed out on the ground, surrounded by a pool of his own blood/vomit. He suffered cardiac arrest as a result of his heart murmur. This somehow pushed fluid in his lungs, which basically caused him to drown in his own fluid/blood. I rushed him to the emergency vet (and almost got into an accident with a cop car on the way) and they were able to resuscitate him, but he suffered another cardiac arrest and his little heart stopped. It was by far one of the worst experiences of my life. I had his blood all over me and had to carry his limp body into the vet as I was sobbing and thinking he was dead already.

A.P. and I are beside ourselves with grief and are wondering how in the world we are going to get through this. We both loved that dog more than life itself. I had a lot of great things in store, but they will have to wait. Please think of my little dog and keep us in your thoughts.

<3,

Marty

9 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a furbaby is just about the worst thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marty, that's horrible. I'm so sorry for you guys.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for you and A.P. All my sympathies and best thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you all, that sounds horrible in every way. You gave that sweet little dog a great life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog. I am so sorry to hear about you losing your sweet fur baby! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone: I never really properly responded ro all of your comments and outpouring of love. Thank you so much! You'll never know how much it meant to us. <3

    @Jennifer: Thank you. We're doing much better now, but it is still hard certain days. We just miss him a ton.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...