1.18.2011

A List for 2011, Part II

Here's the rest of my list of things to do/accomplish/experience this year. Enjoy!

22. Buy a home. This might trickle over to the beginning of 2012 (hopefully before the apocalypse), but we've been talking about it a lot lately, and think that we can start looking for a place by the end of the year.
23. Walk in A.P.'s shoes. My brother suggested that A.P. and I walk in each other's shoes for a month. He says we bicker too much about how we both contribute more than the other. I don't know if I'll truly be able to do this one, or if I'll be able to convince A.P. to do it, but it might prove interesting, that's for sure.
24. Take a photography course. I have a groupon for one, so this should be a cinch.
25. Take a guitar course. Same as above. I heart groupon.
26. Do another picture a day project.
27. Get regular about doctor appointments. Before grad school, I was super, super diligent about going to the lady doctor and to the dentist. Since grad school started, I've been not so diligent. Time to get back into old routines.
28. Journal again.
29. Go someplace new in Florida, possibly Disney World. A.P. is a Floridian, born and raised. Every year, at some point, we make the trek to Florida. And I hate it. I'm bored, and all I see are the insides of people's houses. I feel like I've been to Florida three times, but I've never really been to Florida. I told A.P. next time we go, we have to take a day trip somewhere. I voted for either Disney World, or Eatonville, the birthplace of Zora Neale Hurston.
30. Go on a hot air balloon ride. I bought A.P. a gift certificate for a ride for his groom's gift, but we still haven't used it. It's time to cash that baby in.
31. Get our finances completely in order. I think we finally found a money management software, which is going to be awesome once we figure out how to use it!
32. Call my parents more. Call my great aunt more. Part of GTD is to schedule things like phone calls. That may sound silly to some, but I'm the sort of person who at 7pm as I'm cooking thinks, "Oh crap, I have to call my mother," but don't because it's inconvenient at the time. Then, at 11:30pm, I remember again and it's too late. The cycle starts all over the next day. So scheduling a phone call wouldn't be the worst thing.
33. Blog five times a week on this blog, and 2-3 times a week on my other blog (that we write for our family only). That's a lot of blogging! But I think if I try hard enough, I can do it.
34. Prioritize. Family first. Hopes/dreams/personal goals second. Work third. I'd hate to be 40 and still wondering why I haven't done what I wanted to do.
35. See Spring Awakening. If A.P. won't buy the tickets, I will. I've wanted to see this for a long, long time.
36. Learn to sew. More on this later.
37. Eat out less. Eat fruit more. Eat candy less. Eat dairy more.
38. Play with our guinea pig, Henry, more. Yes, we have a guinea pig. It's a long story.
39. Find a good pair of gym shoes.
40. Digitize all of our photos.
41. Record my father talking about the Olympics. My father was an Olympian. He didn't win or anything, but he won a lot of awards in the Asian Olympics. It would be so cool to record him looking at photos and discussing both. How cool would that be to show to our kids one day?
42. Visit my sister and her husband in India. I wish I could have traveled to India before I met A.P., by myself. I think it would have been amazing. I've always wanted to go, see where my father was born and raised, and I'll be excited to do that. But the thought of traveling to such an exotic place with my picky eater husband, and staying with my sister kind of makes me dread the whole thing. Maybe that's a good thing, though. Maybe if we do go, the trip will be awesome because I had such low expectations.
43. Get A.P. to put his keys and wallet in the same damn place every day. This won't happen, but wouldn't it be awesome if it did? And I didn't have to hear, "Have you seen my [insert keys, wallet, glasses, headphones, bag, etc. here]?"
44. Throw at least one party. Back in the day, I threw awesome parties. I would cram up to 30 people into my one bedroom apartment throughout the night. It sounds crowded, but it never felt like it. It always felt awesome. The last party we threw was our housewarming party when I first moved in. Instead, we've been focusing on hosting holidays for our family. I'd like to throw a kickass party again. It's a lot of work, but always so much fun.
45. Clear my skin. This is the year, I've decided, that I'm done with acne. It sucks to have adult acne. And what's worse is I can never seem to find a product that clears my skin. This is the year I find a dermatologist, and start to look like a grownup, not a teenager!

That's it for now...I may add more things, but for now, this is what I'm doing this year. A.P. told me it's a long list, but I think it's filled with mostly things that can be done in one day, with a few longer term projects thrown in. I think it's reasonable. For good measure, I'll be keeping track of this list on the right hand side of this blog. When something gets accomplished, I will cross that bad boy off the list. I'm going to try to update once a month. I figure that will be a good opportunity to check in and see what I have accomplished, and what still needs to get done. Wish me luck, guys!

3 comments:

  1. Same to you, my dear! Maybe this will be the year you come back to blogging? You're still missed.
    : O )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish! But being a new mommy now takes up my once ample free time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...