2.13.2012

Marriage Mondays: Romance

Do you consider yourself romantic? What about your main squeeze? If I had to tell the truth, under oath, I would say that A.P. is not great at romance. But I give him lots of points for trying. He always picks great restaurants for Valentine's Day or other romantic celebrations, he always gets me sweet gifts, and he's always a loving guy. But he's never once gotten me lingerie or any other kind of sexy gift. He's not a PDA guy, so we don't do a lot of affectionate things in public (e.g. holding hands). He's a stoic guy and that's the way it is. His father is the same way, so I see where it comes from. He's just a shy, reserved guy sometimes. I always feel loved and never doubt that he loves me, but some romance would be nice. Though, by this point, it might catch me so off guard, I might just end up laughing. Things like that happen sometimes. : )

I'm better at romance, but I still could probably use some work. I think the difference is that I try harder to make things memorable, so I will make cute little things that are romantic. Like a few weeks ago, I made him a special dinner and rented some movies. I made a little menu for him and two little movie tickets...one for each movie I rented. Cheesy, I know, but kind of romantic right?

What's your idea of romance? I like feeling pampered and getting a night off all the things I normally have to do: cooking, feeding the pets, etc. I'd also love a massage, a bubble bath, and some champagne, and some candles might be nice, too.

Are you good at romance? What about your husband/wife?

Do you subscribe to Not the Marrying Kind? If not, you should! It's free and fun and it means you automatically get new posts when the blog is updated. No having to check back! Click here for more details!

(Photo via TaiDye Original - Check it out! It's a free printable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...