7.22.2011

Dance with Me Slow


Hello, all! I'm overwhelmed with all my plans and at a complete loss for where to go, how to get started, etc. I know it will all work out in the end, but right now it's a puzzle. Luckily, there are some really nice people on the internerd that are helping this gal to get her plan into focus. I still have a lot of work to do (and remember this is not my full time job, so it's going to take me a while), but slowly you'll see the result of my plodding along.

Now, can I complain about the heat? The heat I so desired just a month ago? It's driving me crazy. Yesterday, I was gardening at work and I was only outside for 15 minutes doing a little weeding and my God! I was SWEATING onto the plants! We are melting guys, literally melting. My skin is dripping off me. It's really gross. I've been avoiding makeup because it just runs right off. It's that hot, people.

This heat makes me think of brides who choose to get married in the summer. I'm always so impressed by anyone who braves an outdoor summer wedding. Part of why we chose March is because of my work/vacation time, but the other part was because it wasn't 90 freaking degrees (you should see my hair in this weather!). That being said, I'm especially in awe of summer weddings where the bride and groom look effortlessly chic and NOT SWEATY. How is that possible?

This gorgeous wedding shot by Simply Bloom Photography took place in Georgia. A.P. is from the south and I have to say, I've never been a fan. Mostly because of the humidity. It's just too damn hot (are you noticing a theme to this post yet?). But the location of this wedding, well, it makes me want to go on vacation there. Like now. It's so gorgeous. Maybe one day I'll plan a big party there for no reason. Or maybe I'll just bookmark this post and dream.


What are you up to this weekend? We plan on hiding out in air conditioning as much as possible. It's supposed to be hotter than hell and raining, which means we get to have fun with humidity, too. We are going to clean, budget (us and my dad), and we are going to hopefully go see a movie. I am also going to try to go thrifting/antiquing again to continue to put together my giveaway (I know that sounds strange, but bear with me. It's all for a larger, better, more awesome purpose. Always.). That's taking time because I've been juggling so many projects and working on so many things the past few weeks, I got behind on older projects. Oops. We are also going to try to figure out our anniversary redux. Wow. Turns out that's a lot of stuff! What lovely plans do you have to fill your weekend?

In the mean time, here are your dance moves for the week:

Romantic dress made from the parachute that saved the groom's life


What a lush, AMAZING centerpiece!

With weather like this, I'd kill for an amazing house with a pool.

The 9 Most Devastating Insults from Around the World Vulgarity in other languages! Love it!

What a great DIY for customized stationary! I heart the gift tags!

Rainy day cupcakes

Doesn't this canyon look incredibly cool and still? I would love to hide out from the sun here.

I know this is old, but some of these wedding dresses are so ethereal (and some have a lot going on...I am aware).

And I have a strong suspicion this is fake, but I'm linking it here anyway, because it was emailed to me and it's pretty cool, fake or not. I'm sure there's some daring average Joe who is willing to pull off the real deal. In the mean time, check out this rad engagement "inspiration" video (I'm almost positive it's really an ad for something, but I can't figure out what? Inflatable jumpy things?)!

Do you subscribe to Not the Marrying Kind? If not, you should! It's free and fun and it means you automatically get new posts when the blog is updated. No having to check back! Click here for more details.

(Dance Friday Photo via Here; Geri & Zach's Wedding Photos Shot by Simply Bloom Photography Found via Snippet & Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...