10.07.2011

Dance to the Music


Once again, the week has flown by! I almost can't believe it's Friday. Last week, I woke up on Friday in disbelief and I feel the same way today. Don't worry...I'm not knocking it. I love it when my work week flies by and gets me to that weekend faster. And this week has been crazy, though I got to leave work on time twice, which is a treat. Usually it's just one day and that's because I barrel out of there to make it to my guitar lesson on time.

Speaking of...we're coming up on recital time again. This time, I'm going to save face and practice like hell. I'm still nervous as all get out about being up on stage in front of strangers again, but I feel more confident this time around. It's been hard to muster up the wherewithal to practice lately, but I'm going to push myself to get it together over the next couple of weeks. Maybe, MAYBE I'll have A.P. take a video and post it. I'm debating. The thing is, I still can't sing with my sad voice, so I may skip it.

Now, on to bigger and better things. This week, I have another submission for you. This gorgeous wedding comes from an amazing photographer that a wonderful reader turned me on to. Chris Diset is an Orange County photographer who takes the most amazing photos! His second shooter/Not the Marrying Kind reader, Debra, wrote me raving about this amazing photographer. She sent me the link to his site and I fell in love. I also feel really lucky, because Chris is so cool he let me choose which of his lovely weddings I got to feature. But when I saw Brooke and Dave's wedding, it was all over. This wedding is filled with lovely details and the location is to die for! Check it out!

Can you believe that was a country club?? I'm usually such a big fan of super unique venues or small and handmade weddings, and I have to admit that this wedding is not my normal fare. But I kind of fell hard, and when Deb told me that it was a country club, my jaw dropped a little. It was so picturesque. Plus, that cake? And the couple seems so fun! I just loved it. Thanks again Deb for telling me about Chris! And thanks again Chris for letting me feature your gorgeous photos! You can check out Chris's blog here for more fantastic photography.

This weekend, A.P. and I are super psyched to enjoy three whole days together. We were going to go out of town, but I think we're going to do a bit of a staycation/day trip instead. We are talking about doing our tradition of going to Edwards Apple Orchard. Other than that, maybe we will see 50/50. We tried last weekend, but ended up getting stuck at the restaurant and missing our show. So, even though we need a mini-vacation and we're NOT taking one, I'm super psyched to hang out with my hubzband (That's my ghetto word for him. You love it.). What are YOU up to this weekend??

In the mean time, here are your dance moves for the week:

10 Unforgettable Wedding Moments

Loft Living

Love this article about one of my new favorite movies, Bridesmaids

13 separates...31 days of style


I'm green with envy that I will never own this.

Sadness.

Odd, yet beautiful.

I want to go to there.

I actually scored some of this. Can you handle it?? Specifically this and this. And I got both at Target for the regular price...not on eBay way, way over the retail price. Score!

And thanks to Musing on Beauty, I'm loving this. Catchy, catchy, catchy!

(Friday dance photo via here; Brooke and Dave's wedding photographed at Marbella Country Club by Chris Diset of Chris Diset Photography; Even coordinated by Leslye Hanson; Florals by Pamela Lowe Florals)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...