3.10.2011

Sweet!

This year, as you know, I've been trying to blog five times a week. I've been pretty successful so far (until recently anyway). In addition to the extra blogging, I've also been re-posting all of my entries here over on BlogHer. I like BlogHer, and it's been a nice way for me to find new blogs to read. So I was so surprised I was getting all these reads on one of my more recent entries (Monday's Dirty Thirties Updated List post). Turns out, my post got picked to be on the home page as a member post. Pretty sweet, huh?

I'm not sure if it's still up there now (you can check here, and scroll down to the member posts section to see), but here's a screenshot:


I'm pretty excited because lately I've been kind of bummed about how my writing was going, and whether or not it's even worth it to keep doing the blog. I felt like I was sort of beating my head against a wall. So this was a nice little nudge from the universe. It's a small thing (a very small thing actually), but it made me happy.

In about a month or so, I will have been blogging here for about two years. I took a break for a while right before and right after the wedding. I really love blogging, and I feel like I've learned a lot. When I first started, I didn't know anything. I still don't know as much as some, but I've learned how to do some basic HTML editing, cutting and pasting in code to customize my page, creating a more customized look, etc. I've gotten better about drafting/pre-publishing posts, and just sort of working smarter not harder (my new favorite corny saying) in general. But I still feel like I lack in the readership department. I feel like I see so many blogs these days that have been around for a hot minute and who have like 20 comments on each post. I can only imagine what their analytics looks like. Mine are sad. A.P. is so cute and supportive when I brag about my teeny tiny increase in my teeny tiny readership, but I still feel a bit pathetic bragging about a whole lot of nothing in the end. So I ask you, what are some ways you increased your readership? Feel free to share your tips in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...