3.17.2011

Birthday Girl

Here are some pictures from my 30th as well as how we celebrated!

My actual birthday was on Monday March 7th, but we kicked off the celebration on Saturday. I was supposed to go out to dinner with my friends on Friday night, but it didn't end up working out. I was exhausted, and frankly, annoyed I had to plan anything, so I kind of didn't plan, and turns out, you need to plan. So I canceled those plans.

Anyway, on Saturday, A.P. planned a special dinner. He was surprising me and I was told only to dress up. He also threw in that he asked and I didn't have to wear heels (read: he didn't want me to wear heels), but I did anyway. I debated a lot about what to wear, and thought it would be nice to wear the sexy green dress, but decided instead to play it safe and wear something conservative. So, I chose the black dress I was supposed to wear during cocktail hour before our wedding. It was perfect! Plus, I finally got to wear this dress I'd bought almost a year ago, and wearing it for my 30th birthday felt just as nice as wearing it for my wedding day. Good decision considering where A.P. took me.

We took a cab to Les Nomades, a super fancy French restaurant in downtown Chicago. We each had the five course meal, which included a raspberry souffle that was to die for! Here are some photos from that night. The place was so fancy they didn't really allow photos, and we only had A.P.'s point and shoot, so these aren't the best.

On Sunday, A.P. gave me my present (a new MacBook Pro! Sweet!). Other than that, we chilled out and ran some errands. Then I came home and worked all night so I could do absolutely nothing on Monday, which I had off of work (thank you Casimir Pulaski!). A.P. took the day off, too, which was awesome. Our original plan was to go to brunch at The Bongo Room, a brunch place in Wicker Park, but I stayed up so late the night before that I overslept. So instead, we went to Hot Doug's, a famous hot dog joint in Chicago.


After stuffing ourselves full of wieners, we picked up my brother and headed to the movies to see The Adjustment Bureau. We then rounded out the evening by purchasing cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B.'s, and a lemon square for me, since I love all things lemon.

As I've said before, it was the perfect birthday. It was very nice, and low key, and all of that made it seem like less of a big deal. Just another birthday. Probably the sweetest thing was the fact that I got to spend it with A.P. I was just happy to be with him, and not be working. All in all, a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I always go to Hot Dougs on my birthday- this hyear I'm going to have to go the day after my birthday because I can't imagine standing in that weekend line this pregnant, but a weekday should be A-OK.

    And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It was a good, solid birthday and it felt so low key, which was exactly what I needed this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...