12.31.2010

On the Brink of a New Decade...

Right now, it's 6pm Chicago time on New Year's Eve. I'm sitting on our couch, surrounded by the stacks of work I've been busting my butt over for the past three days, and I'm trying to figure out what to eat, and it seems like this is what I've been doing all year.

It's been a heck of a year, and for me the end of so many things: my single status, my 20s, being completely broke. So it feels interesting that I'm on the brink of a this brand, spanking new decade of being married, possibly a parent some day, of being in my 30's, and so much more.

The thing that's riding my ass right now is how much work I have left to do. My goal was to start off 2011 with no work on my plate, and it's proving IMPOSSIBLE. I almost don't want to go to the New Year's Eve party my friend B-Mac is having, just so that I can finish all this work and enter 2011 with a nice, clean slate. Alas, I don't think that's a realistic option.

So, instead, I'm going to enter 2011 with a better attitude. I'm going to work on getting things done, but also making sure to make more time for me. So with that said, I'm going to go back to watching the Food Network's marathon of Next Food Network Star, and figure out what to eat, go get ready, and have a fun time at the party. The work will get done. It always does.

Have a fabulous NYE, people! Talk to you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...