12.03.2010

Christmas Time Is Here

This week, the temperature dropped to 30 degrees, some days below that. Yikes! I still haven't even figured out where I'm buying a new winter coat (though I'm leaning towards this bad boy)! But, whether I like it or not, it's December, and that means less than a month until Christmas!

This weekend, we are putting up our tree and staying warm inside. Since we met, we have had a tradition of drinking cocoa, eating a big meal, listening to Christmas music, and decorating the tree. Some years, we throw in some ornament making, or a good gingerbread house, but usually it's all about relaxing, being warm, eating well and spending time together.

The other day, I saw this Target commercial, and thought, "What a catchy freaking Christmas song! I wish there was an indie Christmas album." Still, I figured I could at least track down the one song. So I googled the lyrics, and guess what I found out thanks to this lovely blogger? Target had all these indie bands record Christmas songs, which they are using in their commercials this holiday season. And the best part is that you can download the whole album for free right here. I'm particularly fond of Blackalicious's "Toy Jackpot."

So, go! Download! Get into the holidays! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, consider this a free gift you can give your Christmas celebrating friends!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...