4.04.2011

Wedding Cake Eating: The Sequel

So, technically our anniversary was on the 27th of March, but we just got around to eating the top of the wedding cake last night. It was surprisingly good. My brother, who house sat for us when we were on our honeymoon, wrapped it and he actually did a really good job. He wrapped it twice in saran wrap, and then twice in foil. Nicely done, big bro!

On our wedding day, I defrosted it out of the freezer overnight, and then stuck it in the back of the fridge first thing in the morning. It's sat there until last night. I thought it would taste terrible, especially since we had a buttercream frosting on our cake (it was just a cutting cake...we had an awesome dessert buffet, remember?), but it was surprisingly okay. It didn't taste great, but it was sufficiently good to eat during a photo shoot, which I then made into a dorky stop-motion movie with my new laptop. Oh who am I kidding? I would have done this on my old laptop, too.

Anyway, here's the movie. Enjoy! Tomorrow we'll talk about how I can't bring myself to throw out the cake, so it's on the cake stand in the fridge re-wrapped in saran wrap. Yikes!




2 comments:

  1. How fun! Is that a tradition or something? I never heard about doing that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a tradition. You're supposed to save the top of your cake and eat it on your anniversary. A lot of people don't do it because their cakes don't last, or they just have a cake made in the same flavors as their wedding cake. We tried to be traditional, even though we still didn't get to eat it on our actual anniversary. Oh well! Still fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...