12.08.2011

Things I Wish I Was Doing Better These Days

1. I wish I was practicing guitar. Since we got Ollie and since my job has gone completely bananas and everything seems to have exploded, I have only practiced once. It's terrible. And every day I say I'm going to, but I'm either so incredibly busy doing work or stuff for the house or I'm beat to hell from doing so damn much. I've never repeated a class in my life, but I fear if I don't get my shit together, I'm going to repeat Guitar 2. Sniff, sniff.

2. I wish I was a better blogger. And that includes everything that comes with blogging: tweeting, responding to comments, reading other blogs and commenting, etc. Lately, I'm doing the bare minimum and I don't want to take a break because I fear I know how that will go. But I'm sick of the fact that so much of my personal life has been given up completely in order to accommodate my job. And I'm afraid that if I take a break, my job will take over completely and I'll get really sporadic about my posting again.

3. I wish I was organized and had any of my Christmas shopping done. I haven't thought about what to get A.P. really, nor have I though about what to get my family or friends. And as of this Saturday, I'll be officially screwed, with Christmas two weeks away. I also wanted to do cards and I don't think that will happen either. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

4. I wish I was better to myself. I feel like there's not much of me to give to someone else these days. It used to be that if I was really beat from work, I would sometimes come home and sleep for an hour or so before A.P. got home. Then we got Ollie. Those days went right out of the window. The new schedule is that I work two hours of overtime or so and then I come home, exhausted, only to be bombarded by the puppy. Then I either work some more or I do stuff around the house. I'm up until late, too. These days, I'm lucky if I get more than six hours of sleep. It's terrible.

5. I wish I was better to A.P. I feel like I'm so stressed out and so tired that I'm not a very good companion these days. I'm constantly tired and annoyed and depressed by the weather, family crap, and of course, my job. I'm constantly complaining to A.P. because I feel like I have no one I can talk to at work. I wish we could run away, if only for a weekend. We need a vacation.

6. I wish I was a better sister/daughter. I'm trying, but my family isn't making it easy at all.

7. I wish I was living my life better.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard when things get so stressful and busy. <3 I hope it gets better soon! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, shoulda, woulda, coulda... Breathe and reboot, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think by even making this list you are breaking item #4 which should include not just being better physically to yourself but also cutting yourself some slack mentally!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...