4.09.2009

A Little Birdie Told Me You Were Getting Married

Less cynical post today. I love the concept of little birdies decorating our wedding. I haven't gotten A.P. completely on board yet, but he's not totally opposed to the idea either. The thing about wedding planning with me and A.P is that he doesn't want to do it. We're not engaged yet, but we both know it's coming. He's told both of his parents and some of his friends (and some of mine), and me that he is going to ask me to marry him sometime this year. Neither of us want a long engagement. Our wedding is not going to be a formal wedding either. The thing is, I don't want to have to compromise aspects of my wedding to please other people. Other people who aren't getting married. So a long time ago I decided that, if I could, I would have a surprise wedding. People would think they were showing up to one thing, and it would be my wedding. This also works well with my no bridesmaids, no bachelorette parties, no huge wedding, no flower girls thing. Luckily A.P. is on board with the idea (another sign we're meant to be, right?).

All that being said, planning a wedding can take anywhere from a year to 18 months, and you have to give people notice, so I've been trying to come up with ideas so that when it's time, we don't have to spend a long time trying to figure out details. A.P., though, is a procrastinator, the ultimate procrastinator, in fact. Every time I bring up wedding planning he figures there's time for all that later. But you, brides, you know I'm right. So I keep a folder of inspiring things, I check websites I like, and I take note. And through it all, I can't seem to get away from the little birdies idea.

Check out Once Wed's post today! It's a beautiful DIY birdie garland. Baby's breathtaking! Plus for less than $15, it's a steal!

4 comments:

  1. hey i laughed at your comment on once wed. no one reads mine either. i have to go to bed now but i will read more of yours tomorrow. unless you don't want anyone reading it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to have a reader! Any reader! Thanks for checking me out, Mimi! Of course, I'm going to return the favor. Please...keep coming back. It's lonely over here. : O )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there. there is actually someone out there in the blogoshpere doing just that--a surprise wedding! they are telling everyone it is a surprise birthday party for the bride, but when everyone shoes up: surprise!

    i think her blog is called surprise wedding, or something along those lines. i found it on someone one's blog roll--probably meg @ a practical wedding.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I wasn't alone! I'll have to go check that out! I'm also going to go check out your blog. Thanks for the comments...keep stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...